Suggest treatment to cure rectal itching caused by Clindamyacin

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am having side effects from clindamyacin , rectal itching and burning what should I use for this
very annoying and painful
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cindamycin & side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX
You are having excruciating pain and itching in and around anus ( rectal area) with burning sensation.
At once take prednisolone 10 mg with monteleukast=fexofenadine ( one tablet ).
Apply clotrimazole or betamethasone cream locally ( on itching area ).Instant relief within 2-3 hours.If no relief within 6 hours consult your treating doctor.
Good luck .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D