Suggest treatment for cellulitis in the leg

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi Doctor,
One of my relatives has been diagnosed with cellulitis of the legs. I would like a second opinion and hence, I'm writing to you. I will atch pictures and the list of current medications the patient is on. Please let me know if you think it is indeed cellulitis and if so, what can be done about it. The patient is also 73 years of agae and due to athritis, isunable to walk. She has to walk using a stretcher. Her doctors say that the prolonged sitting in one place throughout the day is what could have caused cellulitis.
Thanks for your help.

It looks like I cannot upload multiple documents at a time. For now, I have just attached a picture of the affected leg.

Ok, it does look like all of the reports have been attached.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints as well as reviewed the attached photographs.
It seems to be cellulitis but I need to ask you few questions.
What is the duration of redness and swelling?
Is she having pain, fever or itching on the affected area?
Is she diabetic?
Is she having varicose veins?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for cellulitis in the leg 45 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Sorry for the delay. Here are the answers to your questions.

Pain and duration of swelling and redness - Redness has been there ever since the problem started (around 7 months ago). There was swelling on the legs but that has reduced and now only the foot is swollen. The swelling increases when she walks around.

Is she having pain, fever or itching on the affected area? -> No
Is she diabetic? -> No
Is she having varicose veins? -> No

Because of the treatment prescribed, the water that had collected in the legs started oozing out through tiny holes in the legs and the swelling reduced.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like cellulitis

Detailed Answer:
According to the complaints it looks like cellulitis more likely related to the arthritis and sedentary life style.
Ask her to keep her foot elevated whenever she lies down by keeping pillow beneath the foot.
Also don't keep her legs in a hanging position for a long time.
Besides the medicines given to her are fine and she can continue with them.
She can apply a topical steroid and antibiotic combination like fusidic acid and betamethasone ( fucibet cream) on the affected areas twice daily for 7-8 days.