Suggest treatment for vulvar varicosities

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: How can I reduce the engorging of veins in the vulva?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult a surgeon for a detailed clinical evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

The definitive treatment for engorged veins (varicose veins) on vulva is embolization or sclerotherapy. So you need to consult a surgeon for this.

You can follow the precautions below to help reduce the varicose veins:

1. Avoid long duration of standing or sitting. Take break every one to two hours and walk around for 5-10 minutes to improve the circulation.

2. Keep hips elevated while lying down. Use folded towel to elevate the hips.

3. Try cold compresses to ease the discomfort.

4. Avoid constipation

I hope this is helpful.
If you have further concerns, do write to me.

Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee