Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids
You might need a minimal invasive procedure
Dear Ms, usually these medications relieve mild hemorrhoids but more severe hemorrhoids may require minor procedures to be done ..
This does not mean you should discontinue using them as you should continue using the suppositories together with hydrocortisone cream until your doctor's apointement. you can add lidocaine cream to keep the area numb and the reduce the feeling of discomfort . you should also try to eat high-fiber foods as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Doing so softens the stool and increases its bulk, which will help you avoid the straining that can worsen symptoms from existing hemorrhoids. increase the fiber content of your diet slowly to avoid problems with gas.
you should also Soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day. you can also apply cold ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve swelling. you can also take analgesics as ibuprofen or acetaminophen to decrease pain and discomfort.
if all these measures have failed to relieve your symtoms the please refer to your doctor as you might need a minor procedure as External hemorrhoid thrombectomy If a painful blood clot (thrombosis) has formed within an external hemorrhoid or Rubber band ligation where Your doctor places one or two tiny rubber bands around the base of an internal hemorrhoid to cut off its circulation. The hemorrhoid withers and falls off within a week. This procedure is effective for many people.
another procedure is Injection (sclerotherapy). In this procedure, your doctor injects a chemical solution into the hemorrhoid tissue to shrink it.i hope I answered your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best hemorrhoid treatment
- Bleeding hemorrhoid treatment
- Treatment for fourth degree hemorrhoids
- Suggest post treatment post removal of hemorrhoid
- Hemorrhoids hydrocortisone treatment
- Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for hemorrhoid thrombosis
- Fucibet cream hemorrhoid treatment
- Suggest treatment for ibs and hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for boold in stool and hemorrhoid
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?