Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 29 May 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: The anucort suppositories and hydrocortizone cream are not treating my hemoroids. I was looking for something else before I called my doctor.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You might need a minimal invasive procedure

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, usually these medications relieve mild hemorrhoids but more severe hemorrhoids may require minor procedures to be done ..
This does not mean you should discontinue using them as you should continue using the suppositories together with hydrocortisone cream until your doctor's apointement. you can add lidocaine cream to keep the area numb and the reduce the feeling of discomfort . you should also try to eat high-fiber foods as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Doing so softens the stool and increases its bulk, which will help you avoid the straining that can worsen symptoms from existing hemorrhoids. increase the fiber content of your diet slowly to avoid problems with gas.
you should also Soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day. you can also apply cold ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve swelling. you can also take analgesics as ibuprofen or acetaminophen to decrease pain and discomfort.
if all these measures have failed to relieve your symtoms the please refer to your doctor as you might need a minor procedure as External hemorrhoid thrombectomy If a painful blood clot (thrombosis) has formed within an external hemorrhoid or Rubber band ligation where Your doctor places one or two tiny rubber bands around the base of an internal hemorrhoid to cut off its circulation. The hemorrhoid withers and falls off within a week. This procedure is effective for many people.
another procedure is Injection (sclerotherapy). In this procedure, your doctor injects a chemical solution into the hemorrhoid tissue to shrink it.i hope I answered your question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T