Is laser treatment advisable for varicose veins in the left leg?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Tue, 9 May 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Team,
I am facing varicose veins problem in my left leg, could you please suggest where to treat this problem and can I go for laser treatment to clear these veins? is there any specialist doctor for these type of problems?
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Surgeons treat this problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic.

I have seen the reports. Greater saphenous vein is dilated. These dilated veins usually do not cause much problem. There may be some symptoms like itching, skin thickening, ankle rash etc.
Varicose veins are usually treated by surgeon.
Compression stockings, sclerotherapy and laser can be used to treat varicose veins.

This medical problem needs evaluation by surgeon. Surgery is also an option in which surgeon ligates the vein and may also take out some part of it if it is excessively dilated.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee