Suggest treatment for vitamin B-12 deficiency
My Wife is suffering from lot of weakness, memory issues, muscle and joint pain. None of the doctors were able to diagonise the root of the problem. Later my brother suggested for Vitamin B12 and D3 test to be done as he also had similar issues in past. I have got the test done for my wife last year. And found Vitamin B12 is 185 and D3 is 22. Which are almost at the border of the normal range.
My recent analysis on the net explains to me if these two factors improve then her all problems can get solved automatically. Doctors are giving Vitamin tablets from past one year. But I do not see any improvement in the levels from last one year. It remains in the range of 180 and 20+ only.
Few people suggested me to get the B12 injections for immediate relief. I am not sure of any side effects etc...
Please suggest what should I do. Can insits on taking B12 injections for her or not?
Please help me here as I am seing her going with lot of pain from past one year.
Give her injection of B-12 and vitamine D3.
Thanks for your query.
I'm Dr. Sudhir Kumar,
After going through your query I came to know that your wife is having deficiency of VitaminB-12 and Vitamin D3 . It is advisable to give her injection of vitamin B-12 as by continuously giving Vitamin B12 tablet also not increasing the level.It may be because there may be deficiency of internsic factor which help in absorption of it from gastrointestinal tract so by giving injection of vitamin B-12 role of internsic factor will not be there as it will be absorbed directly in blood,so its level will definitely increase. However it should be given after sensitivity test to see any allergic reaction.I think there is no other side effect. Similar is condition with vitamin D3, its sachet/capsules/ tablets are available in 60000 i.u. It is a fat soluble vitamin so it should always be given with diet having fat otherwise if diet doesn't have fat it will not be absorbed. I generally give to my patients deficient in vitamin D3 60000i.u. weekly for 10 weeks always along with a glass of milk.
You can discuss with your treating Doctor about it.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Melanonychia vitamin b12 treatment
- Treatment and cure for vitamin b12 deficiency
- What is the treatment for vitamin b12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency treatment
- Vitamin b12 deficiency pituitary
- Vitamin b12 deficiency symptoms treatment
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and alopetia
- Suggest treatment for vitamin b 12 deficiency
- Vitamin b12 deficiency and dla
- Ayurvedic treatment for vitamin b12 deficiency
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- Suggest treatment for Bakers cyst
- What does my MRI scan report suggest?
- What causes swollen red area on knuckle after an injury?
- Suggest treatment for lower back spasms
- What causes tightness in both feet right behind the toes?
- What does "increased vascular markings in the cuboid bone" indicate?
- What causes sudden pain in foot and toe?
- What causes severe pain on the knees and swollen feet?
- Suggest treatment for pain in thighs post dancing classes