Suggest treatment for vertigo, white marks in chin and ear
Need to exclude BPPV.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms. Based on that, we need to exclude benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). In this condition, there are minor abnormalities in semicircular canals located in inner ear (crystals are formed in the semicircular canals, where normally only fluid is present). The condition is usually self-limiting in nature and subsides on own in 1-2 weeks.
Betahistine tablets may be taken for the relief of vertigo.
The other condition to be excluded is Meniere's disease. An ENT evaluation may be needed if symptoms persist.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe vertigo
- Suggest treatment for sudden hearing loss coupled with vertigo
- Suggest possible treatment for vertigo
- Treatment of cervical vertigo
- Suggest treatment for vertigo inspite of using medicines
- Diagnosed with vertigo worsened balance nausea suggestive treatment
- Suggest treatment for vertigo and pain in kidney
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with headaches and dizziness
- Taking antibiotics for ear infection have vertigo treatment
- Suggest treatment for dizziness and vertigo