Suggest treatment for vaginal peeling and soreness

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: i have vaginal peeling and its not itchy and im only sore after i shower. whats wrong with me? do i have a disease?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vaginitis or allergy to gel/soap used over vaginal introitus locally

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm for an opinion,
Well vaginal peeling without any itching can be a manifestation of vaginitis or an allergic reaction to soaps or liquids you have been using to locally clean yourself during the shower.
It is suggested that you may just use plain water or mild special gels like VAGISIL VAGINAL GELS to clean yourself during bathing and this should help avoiding the possible peeling reaction.
If its not infection which can be ruled out with a vaginal swab test, then its likely the cleanser being the cause.
In the meantime you may use petroleum jelly over the raw peeled areas for few days to promote early healing of the same.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist