Suggest treatment for vaginal itching

Question
too much vaginal itching .... used v gel too
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yeast infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Intense itching in the vagina is commonly encountered in two conditions ,
One is The Candidiasis (yeast), this does present with intense itching and foul smelling curdy discharge.
This can be treated with antifungal angents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.

The other possibility for such a problem is low estrogen levels leading to dryness in the vagina which stimulate the vaginal mucosa and cause itching.

Do get examined by a gynaecologist and ascertain the cause to get treated.
Meanwhile you can take an antihistaminic like Benadryl which will reduce the itching.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vaginal itching 5 minutes later
thanks mam

guess this is the first case , suggest medicine ...

usisng candidn v gel once a day or if too much of itching and V gel to clean and tab allegra and nuforce had only one till now....

please suggest

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Use candid V gel twice a day and clean with V gel once a day. You can take tab Nuforce once a week and Allegra daily. In case there is no relief then do consult a gynecologist for stronger prescription medicines.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.