Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for vaginal itching

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12744 Questions
too much vaginal itching .... used v gel too
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yeast infection likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Intense itching in the vagina is commonly encountered in two conditions ,
One is The Candidiasis (yeast), this does present with intense itching and foul smelling curdy discharge.
This can be treated with antifungal angents like miconazole. You can use a vaginal pessary like Gyno Daktarin once a day for 2 weeks. Please follow the instructions on the package carefully.
It is also important to keep your private parts scrupulously clean. Trimming your pubic hair, not using any soap to wash your vagina and keeping the area clean and dry will help.

The other possibility for such a problem is low estrogen levels leading to dryness in the vagina which stimulate the vaginal mucosa and cause itching.

Do get examined by a gynaecologist and ascertain the cause to get treated.
Meanwhile you can take an antihistaminic like Benadryl which will reduce the itching.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for vaginal itching 5 minutes later
thanks mam

guess this is the first case , suggest medicine ...

usisng candidn v gel once a day or if too much of itching and V gel to clean and tab allegra and nuforce had only one till now....

please suggest
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
Use candid V gel twice a day and clean with V gel once a day. You can take tab Nuforce once a week and Allegra daily. In case there is no relief then do consult a gynecologist for stronger prescription medicines.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor