Suggest treatment for vaginal infection

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I have had itching, irritation and slight swelling as well as white/slightly yellow vaginal discharge. Please help me
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 13 minutes later

This is usually seen in bacterial vaginitis. Usually ciprofloxacin and metronidazole is given for treatment. Clean the area properly.

Follow up: Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 5 minutes later
Any over the counter purchases i can make?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 8 days later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up.

Beside Ciprofloxacin and metronidazole orally, vaginal Suppository can be purchased over the counter.
Clingen Suppository is used for a week for good results. I advise you to use Vwash also for cleaning of vulva and local area.

All these are available over the counter without prescription.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
regards
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj