Suggest treatment for upper respiratory tract infection and ear pain

Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Monday noticed throat discomfort below Adam's apple when I pushed in. Not terrible , but sore..next day it was there but broaden both sides, can swallow fine, Thursday it kinda woke me with it to the right side about 3-4 inches, when I swallow I notice discomfort to the ear canal, less tender pushing under Adam's apple..no fever, doesn't bother me that much..but it has been 4 days now...I do use a cpap machine, swim in public indoor pool a couple days a week, heated..no cough..am 60 , male, smoker.
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are most probably having URTI with refer ear pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

I have read your query and understand your concern.

As per your clinical history it appears that you are most probably having upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) with refer ear pain.

If I were your treating doctor , I would advice
Antiseptic chlorhexidine Mouth Wash twice daily ,
Tab Paracetamol for pain ,
Tab Rantac twice daily &
Antihistaminic Tab Claritin at night .

Drink Plenty of fluids &
Steam Inhalation twice daily .

Avoid excess smoking .

You will get relief .

Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj