Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi i m 39 urs old,got dibeties type2 i am on 45 unit humalog mix 25 insulin at morning and 50 unit evening with ganumet 50.500 two times from one yrs but not able to control my sugar it it advisable to continue for long time if not than please advice me real things
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....given below
Detailed answer...
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern very well.
Controlling blood sugar levels is very important for a person.
Uncontrolled diabetes in the long run,results in various types of macro as well as microvascular complications which lead to damage to your heart,kidneys,nerves,eyes etc.
There are various components for the control of sugar levels in a diabetic and these are...
Appropriate antidiabetic medications 
Observing proper diet control 
Regular aerobic exercises.
I would advise you to meet a diabetologist and get the required and proper treatment which may be in the form of changing your inj.humalog to other insulin like inj.actrapid plus inj.lantus.
Adding oral medicines like VOGLIBOSE to the existing treatment 
Go for a proper diabetic diet under the advise of your doctor or a dietician.
And you must do regular aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes a day.
If overweight,you must shed it to be in your normal range of BMI.

At the end,I would say that there is no reason why your blood sugar levels can't be controlled.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor