Suggest treatment for uncontrolled diabetes

Question
Hi i m 39 urs old,got dibeties type2 i am on 45 unit humalog mix 25 insulin at morning and 50 unit evening with ganumet 50.500 two times from one yrs but not able to control my sugar it it advisable to continue for long time if not than please advice me real things
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....given below
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern very well.
Controlling blood sugar levels is very important for a person.
Uncontrolled diabetes in the long run,results in various types of macro as well as microvascular complications which lead to damage to your heart,kidneys,nerves,eyes etc.
There are various components for the control of sugar levels in a diabetic and these are...
Appropriate antidiabetic medications 
Observing proper diet control 
And 
Regular aerobic exercises.
I would advise you to meet a diabetologist and get the required and proper treatment which may be in the form of changing your inj.humalog to other insulin like inj.actrapid plus inj.lantus.
Adding oral medicines like VOGLIBOSE to the existing treatment 
Go for a proper diabetic diet under the advise of your doctor or a dietician.
And you must do regular aerobic exercises for at least 45 minutes a day.
If overweight,you must shed it to be in your normal range of BMI.

At the end,I would say that there is no reason why your blood sugar levels can't be controlled.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks