Suggest treatment for ulcer inside lips

Question
ok so I have this really weird sensation inside my upper lip, its there constantly like a ulser, its NOT herpes, because it never flairs up nor does it hurt, you can't evdn see it properly but its there and constantly irritating! anyone know what it could be??
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably an aphthous ulcer

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

I read your history carefully.
It could be an aphthous ulcer which is quite common, i would recommend the following measures.

A ONE MONTH COURSE OF B COMPLEX VITAMINS AND FOLIC ACID

LOCAL BONJELA OINTMENT FOR BURNING OR ITCHY SENSATION.

PYODINE MOUTHWASH 3 TIMES A DAY FOR MAINTAINING ORAL HYGEINE.

Most likely, your condition should improve following this treatment with your doctor.if symptoms persist, then a biopsy may be indicated in consultation with your doctor.

Let me know if you have any query.
if not please close the discussion and rate the answer.
thanx

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for ulcer inside lips 2 hours later
ive had this sensation for perhaps 2 years now!

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
need an oral brush biopsy

Detailed Answer:
hello again,

I would advise you AN ORAL BRUSH BIOPSY WITH COMPUTER ASISTED ANALYSIS in consultation with your doctor to rule out any oral precancerous or cancerous lesions.

there are 30,000 new cases of oral and pharyngeal cancers diagnosed each year in USA with associated 9000 deaths. If a lesion is detected at pre cancer stage , it is easily treated and cancer can be prevented.

you should refrain from tobacco chewing and smoking (all types).

you may still do a vitamin b complex, folic acid course for a month and get a serum calcium done after consulting your doctor.

Let me know if you have any query
if not, please close the discussion and rate the answer.
thanks