Suggest treatment for type-2 diabetes when blood glucose is 462
You will have to re-start on insulin.
Thanks for posting question in HCM. I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Have you checked your HbA1c (3 month average blood glucose)?
Your blood sugars are grossly elevated now i.e. between 300 to 400. Only insulin can bring down blood sugars like this to normal. Consult a doctor and get started on insulin immediately. Twice daily novomix will be an ideal option. Your doctor will check for other causes of increased sugars like infection and treat it apart from your steroid medications taken earlier.
Please follow up with the doctor regularly. Check HbA1c every 3 months. The target should be fasting glucose (FBS) less than 130 mg/dl, after food (PPBS) less than 180 mg/dl and HbA1c less than 7%.
Once blood sugar is controlled you can taper the insulin down and can switch on to your regular oral medications as per your treating doctor's advice.
But it is always advisable to continue insulin along with oral medications for some time.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other doubt, I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Type 2 diabetes insulin treatment
- What treatment is suggested for type 2 diabetes
- Treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes drugs treatment
- Suggest treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Suggest medication for type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes peeing blood
- Type 2 diabetes natural treatment
- Suggest diet for type 2 diabetes
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for type 2 diabetes