question-icon

Suggest treatment for tooth sensitivity,tooth pain and tooth decay?

Posted on Tue, 4 Feb 2014
Question: Sometime suffered from teeth sensitivity, and sometime teeth pain. Nowadays Tooth Decay also increasing. Can you suggest me treatment?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Use desensitizing paste & get RCT of decayed tooth Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. Firstly I would like to tell you that sensitivity in teeth can be due to two reasons:- -due to wearing away of enamel layer of teeth & it can be cured by using desensitizing tooth paste. - due to decayed tooth & in this you need to go for filling or Root Canal Treatment followed by capping, whatsoever is required. You need to visit a dentist & get proper examination done. Your treatment plan will depend on diagnosis. Maintain proper oral hygiene. Hope I answered your query. Wishing you good health. Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Neha Sumra (46 minutes later)
Cab you specified desensitise paste?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra (9 hours later)
Brief Answer: Take any paste containing potassium nitrate Detailed Answer: Hi There are various tooth paste available in market that seal dentinal tubules & prevent hypersensitivity.They contain potassium nitrate or strontium fluoride. If available take Sensodent-KF toothpaste.Leave it on teeth for 2-3 minutes & then rinse. Hope I answered your query, Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Neha Sumra

Dentist