Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suggest treatment for tooth sensitivity,tooth pain and tooth decay?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
Sometime suffered from teeth sensitivity, and sometime teeth pain. Nowadays Tooth Decay also increasing. Can you suggest me treatment?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use desensitizing paste & get RCT of decayed tooth Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing in. Firstly I would like to tell you that sensitivity in teeth can be due to two reasons:- -due to wearing away of enamel layer of teeth & it can be cured by using desensitizing tooth paste. - due to decayed tooth & in this you need to go for filling or Root Canal Treatment followed by capping, whatsoever is required. You need to visit a dentist & get proper examination done. Your treatment plan will depend on diagnosis. Maintain proper oral hygiene. Hope I answered your query. Wishing you good health. Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for tooth sensitivity,tooth pain and tooth decay? 46 minutes later
Cab you specified desensitise paste?
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Take any paste containing potassium nitrate Detailed Answer: Hi There are various tooth paste available in market that seal dentinal tubules & prevent hypersensitivity.They contain potassium nitrate or strontium fluoride. If available take Sensodent-KF toothpaste.Leave it on teeth for 2-3 minutes & then rinse. Hope I answered your query, Regards Dr. Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor