Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
Soft foods are preferred.Avoid hot bevarages
Hi dear.Thanks for your query.
Yes curd rice (especially if the rice is mashed) is a good option and has a soothing effect on his throat.
I would suggest-
-soft, bland foods such as pudding, yogurt.
-creamy substances are easier to swallow without causing much pain.
-baked fruit and vegetables are good choices as side items.
-Mashed potatoes,plain pasta and rice are also ideal soft foods & are healthy choice for tonsillitis.
-It is very important to keep your brother hydrated.Let him choose cold or lukewarm beverages such as ice water.
Avoid hot beverages(coffee, tea etc), caffeine related product that might further irritate your sore throat.
If the tonsillitis is recurrent then I were to suggest you to consult an ENT surgeon and get them operated once the current episode subsides.I wish him a faster recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis relapse
- Suggest treatment for tonsils and adenoids
- What treatment is suggested for a low lying tonsil
- What treatment is suggested for tonsils
- Laser treatment for tonsil cancer
- Suggest treatment for severe tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for swollen tonsils and lumps on my tongue
- Suggest treatment for chronic tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for tonsillitis
- Suggest treatment for difficulty in swallowing due to tonsillitis