Suggest treatment for thyroid
Need work up, clinical correlation and management accordingly
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. History of L thyroxine use and thyroid hormone imbalance with too high and too low fluctuations at the age of 61 are likely attributed to either wrongful dose of thyroxine, or wrongful diagnosis of hypothyroidism.
Low TSH always indicate hyperthyroidism, and T4 values are not that significant , these may be low even in hyperthyroidism. Its low TSH and high T 3 that counts. Any how with fluctuating thyroid hormones, more important would be symptoms of thyroid imbalance. If heat intolerance, palpitations etc are predominant its hyperthyroidism and if vice versa then its hypothyroidism.
You need a thorough work up for thyroid like thyroid uptake scan, thyroid antibodies assay and a complete clinical correlation to sort out the possible cause. With just T 4 an TSh i am afraid its not too much to diagnose you with for the root cause. Wait for your endocrinologist consult and let them run some labs to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for overactive thyroid inspite of taking medications
- Suggest treatment for recurrance of papillary thyroid cancer
- Treatment for thyroid
- Suggest treatment for diffuse inhomegeneity in the thyroid
- Suffering from thyroid suggest best treatment
- What treatment is suggested for thyroid
- Thyroid cancer treatment and treatment
- Thyroid cancer radioactive iodine suggest treatments
- Suggest treatment for thyroid