Suggest treatment for tender spot on foot

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: there is a tender spot on my foot. it's on the bottom in the middle just behind the ball of my foot. when it first became tender it sort of felt like a blister but deep in the skin rather then the surface. it is more tender now and has a small spot that feels slightly harder though touching it hurts. there isn't really anything showing. what is happening?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
need some details to guide you better

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:

1. since when have you noticed this?
2. any history of trauma or insect bite to foot?
3. please share a clear close image of that area even if you don't find anything. May be we are able to pick.
4. do you or anyone in the family has history of diabetes, hypertension or other illness?
5. any history fever or swelling?
6. any other symptom that you would like to share?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
it started a few days ago. I don't have any history of any of those things. I have had pain in my toes, balls of my feet and arches at different times when I am on my feet a long time in riding boots. but I have been wearing tennis shoes here. and it only happened on one foot. the slightly darker spot is where its tender
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
most probably local infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. The symptoms are suggesting that there has been some hard material in the sole which has causes irritation of skin, resulting on localized infection. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:

- Keep very good care of hygiene.
- Apply fusidic acid ointment over that area twice a day
- ibuprofen thrice a day for 3 days.
- keep foot dry specially after getting bath.
- try to wear open soft shoes.

Hopefully you will see improvement in 2-3 days BUT if condition remains same or aggravates then you need to visit hospital for further workup by a dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!