Suggest treatment for symptoms of chronic kidney disease

Dr. Ravi Bansal

Nephrologist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: i am a 58 year old , my latest creatinene level is 4.78, urea-75 , medicine taken by me are- NODOSIS-DS, FEBUTAZ80, CYLNEY 10 , SEVBAIT DT 400, AND LAST TIME AFTER THIS TEST PRESCRIBE- RENOLEG. CAN I TREAT MY KIDNEY, I HAVE NO SUGAR BUT PRESSURE
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are on correct treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,

From your description it looks like you are suffering from chronic kidney disease. Your creatinine level is around 4 mg/dl

You have to understand that this a irreversible damage to the kidneys but they are still working to some extent.

So the way for ward is to make them last as long as possible.

Treatment helps in decreasing the load on the kidneys. it helps in controlling the deterioration in kidney function and decreases its ill effects.

Your nephrologist is the best person to guide you about this.

Following points may help-
Keep blood pressure under control ( below 130/80)
avoid non-veg food
decrease salt in your diet
No juices.

vaccination for hepatitis B
Calcium and phosphorus balance as per advise of doctor.

other medicines to control acidosis like nodosis- which you are already taking are very helpful.

in case of any fever - get it treated fast.

avoid any desi or powdered medicines ( unprescribed medicines)

Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng