Suggest treatment for swelling on left eyebrow

Question
2 days ago I noticed a swelling on my left eyebrow. This has now got larger and the appearance of a bruice (sp) below the eye. very painful only if I touch the eyebrow swelling. Age 72, ht 6'2" asthmatic, shingles 8 years ago on left of face and eye. post herpatic pain has continued.
XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
could be a bacterial infection

Detailed Answer:
hello and welcome,

It could be a bacterial infection , may indicate orbital or pre septal cellulitis or an ingrown hair.
Can you please send a photograph of the affected area to better guide you, further.

For the time being please use Ibuprofen 400 mg for pain relief and swelling.

Post herpetic neuralgia can be managed with the following in consultation with your doctor

TCA s (tricyclic anti depressants)
topical capsaicin or lidocaine patches
Gabapentin or Oxycodone or both

let me know if you have any query
thanks