• question-icon

Suggest treatment for swelling at the base of penis head

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: There is a bit of swelling at the base of my penis head that is kind of solid. Softer all around. Feels like the vein is hard. I have been owing to the right and my doctor couple months ago told me I had a non restricting kidney stone. Could this be the stone getting stuck
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Provide additional information and upload the photo

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
I feel it is not related to the kidney stone but to comment on it, it would be better if you can upload the picture of the same for better assessment and to provide you with specific advice.
Since when you have this?
Is it associated with pain?
Is there any discoloration of the area?

Kindly get back to me with the following information and with the pictures, I'll be glad to help you out.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 3 days later
Hi thabks for the answer. Well an update is as follows. The bump thats was their is now subsiding. But i notice a small "hole" that has a small amount of blood. Its not oozing but does sometimes have a clear liquid coming from it. Not oozing by any means just a bit wet when i go the bathroom. When i put a wet paper towel (no soap and dab it it stings for a second. Any recomendations?)
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply neosporin ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.
As suggested earlier it would be helpful if you would have upload the pictures.

Presently I would suggest you to wash it with cool water, use mild soap like dermadew or dove. Tap it dry, and apply neosporin ointment and avoid touching or squeezing it. Try this for two to three days, you should be good.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Harish Naik