Suggest treatment for swelling and tenderness in the groin area

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Last night, I was awakening with a sense of wetness in my P.J.s. I reached down and found a fluid weeping from my right upper groan. That area was tender to the touch and felt swollen. The fluid itself had a foul "musk" smell. I had to get out of bed and take a quick shower. This is not the first time this has happened. Sometimes on the left, but primarily on the right side. Any guesses as to cause?
Don Saulters
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
impetigo

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Weeping , oozing , crusting fluid points to a superficial skin infection known as impetigo. The area needs to be examined and if suspected then antibiotics should be initiated for a week. Most likely the lesion will resolve. Any discontinuity of skin, ulceration or lymphadenopathy should be looked for.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

Let me know if you have any query

Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.

For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=68107

Dr. M.S. Khalil