• question-icon

Suggest treatment for strained tendon and dislocated shoulder

Posted on Thu, 23 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have a tendon strained and i can feel it in my armpit. (feels like a rubber band but slightly harder. It does not hurt much.. I had a dislocated shoulder (minor) and the tendon popped out after the injury, about 7 days ago. My chiropractor got the should back in today with minor manipulation, but the tendon is still noticeable when I touch it. My muscles hurt all around the shoulder, which the chiropractor said was normal after this injury. I have zero other symptoms, feel amazing everywhere else, am a healthy weight, do yoga, athletic and 45 years old. What's the treatment?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need to give it rest and medications

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I have studied your case and I think that you may have injured muscles on front part of the shoulder. This can happen both due to shoulder dislocation and pulled muscles. I can assure you that this taut tendon will become normal after two weeks. It is most probably Pectoralis mazor or Lattisisimus dorsi muscle which you are feeling like a cord.
I have following suggestions for you.
1.Hot water fomentation
2.Physiotherapy for shoulder range of movement exercises.
3.tablet Brufen for pain relief.
I hope your muscle pain will improve with in two weeks. Let me know if their is any other followup questions.
thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement