Suggest treatment for stomach infection

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
hi. i have had my gall bladder out 7 months ago due to stones... 3months ago i ebded up in hospital with pancreatitis... they were going to do a ercp to see if i had a stone left behind blocking sonewhere.. but havent down it yet ... been having weekly blood test to check lipase levels... they got back down to 58... but last check at 8 days ago it ws 70 ... over the last week i have been getting gut pain. bloated gut. and bad wind. . i feel like i need to go toilet to do a poo.. but all that comes out is wind abd a brown yellow discharge.. this has happened 2 times in a row. 2 different mornings now.... what do i do?? im taken 40mg somac... also on topamax for epilepsy... and just. starteed natures own woman's XXXXXXX multi vitamins
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be some infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in
The information provided points to some form of Gut Infection

Take plenty of fluids orally
Avoid junk, fermented and fried meals

Add a good probiotic twice a day
Continue Somac

If this does not respond in two days, go for a stool report and take an antibiotic according to suggestions in culture report

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for stomach infection 7 days later
well had bloods and wee test all came back fine. . Dr said dobt worry. but I am..

Brief Answer:
Reassure yourself

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

I too would reassure you. Take hygienic food and clean drinking water.

There is no reason of apprehension
SO keep cool and follow the instructions of you doctor