Suggest treatment for spreading rashes on the body

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My 11-month-old baby has strange rashes on her neck, stomach, and sometimes back.
These have been on and off, but are now usually strong.

Here is what they look like:
http://www.yyyyyyy.com/t/yyyyyy (only the neck can be seen)

What is even stranger is that my wife nows has 2 or 3. On the inner thigh, on the leg, and I forget where the other one is.

Can some expert take a look at the photo and tell me what it might be and if I need to make a appt with her pediatrician to get it check out?

thanx in advnce
xxxxx
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxx
Welcome to healthcaremagic
I have seen the attached photograph and according to me it looks like a case of insect bite hypersensitivity reaction but I would recommend you to upload few more clear pictures to confirm the diagnosis.
I would also like to ask you few questions:
Whether the rash is associated with any itching or burning?
What is the duration of the rash?
Any history of fever, cough or systemic complaints?
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 minutes later
Whether the rash is associated with any itching or burning? Nope
What is the duration of the rash? It some and goes. This time maybe 1 week.
Any history of fever, cough or systemic complaints? No
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi!! According to the history it seems to be a case of papular urticaria which is an insect bite hypersensitivity reaction. You don't have to worry as it is a common condition in children. I recommend my patients to apply cortisone cream on the affected areas for few days. Along with this make your child wear full sleeved clothes during late evenings and at night. Also don't take her to places with plenty of vegetation during late evenings and night. I hope to have answered your query. Wish you good luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad