Suggest treatment for sore throat with conjunctivitis

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I've had a sore throat, sinus pressure, and lots of mucus for several days (no fever). Today, I woke up with pink eye. I have important in person interviews on Thursday afternoon. I have a doctor's appointment at 4pm Eastern today. Do you think my symptoms (especially the pink eye) will be better by my interview, or should I reschedule? It has been difficult to schedule the interviews, so I am reluctant.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic conjunctivitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for choosing HCM
Pink eye is called conjunctivitis.Most likely in your case its allergic conjunctivitis.It usually takes 3-5days for the problem to settle down.However you can use antihistaminic and anti inflammatory drops to speed up recovery.I would suggest you to reschedule your interviews if possible as things will take atleast 3-5 days to be normal.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad