Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for sore on penis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6182 Questions
Hello Doctor,
I developed one sore on my penis. The entire penis is also very swollen and somewhat red, but the head does not hurt or is there any discharge of any kind. It does not hurt to urinate. The testicles are fine - not swollen or hurting. I have a fever and a very bad headache. It is also hurts all along the groin area.
It almost looks like an insect bite of some kind with a dark point in the center, but I haven't been out anywhere for this to occur. I have checked online for different genital disorders, but none match what I have. I was circumcised so it isn't that type of infection. It doesn't look like a herpes sore since it is not bubble-like with liquid inside. I have the same female partner for the last ten years. She has no infections.
What can this be?
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please, upload a picture for us!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Can you please upload a picture so that I can take a look at the characteristics of this rash and make personalized recommendations than just talking about possible causes that may not be related to your case?

Thanks for understanding and hope to hear fro you. Would be right here to review the image as soon as it is uploaded and get back to you with sound medical information and recommendation.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor