question-icon

Suggest treatment for sinus problem and headache

Posted on Fri, 18 Jul 2014
Question: Mother is suffering from sinus problem and headache.
what is the cure and do you suggest any medication
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
please take medications!

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Since you already know the diagnosis , the treatment can be planned accordingly.

Mostly for my patients with sinusitis , i start a regimen of antibiotics alongwith 0.1% oxymetazoline nasal drops , 2 drops 2-3 times a day , and tablet cetrizine 10 mg at night , all taken for 2-3 weeks and can extend for another 2 weeks depending on the patients response.

I also advice them to avoid smoking , polluted places and air conditioning during this period.

If they fail to respond to this treatment , I offer them a surgical option for draining their sinuses and giving them relief.

Please discuss this with your ent doctor , he will be in the best position to guide you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist