Suggest treatment for shoulder pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 17 Jun 2016 in Back Pain
Question: I have shoulder pain, initially only in right hand but after started taking treatment for it, pain has increased in right hand and to left hand also. Dr. said that this is normal as original problem in right hand was old so left hand used more.
I would like to know, is there any permanent treatment or anything which will help me to get rid of immense pain which does not even allow me to sleep well at night and perform my duties well in day?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Frozen shoulder likely.

Detailed Answer:
Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination and a few tests, your history is suggestive of Adhesive capsulitis(Frozen shoulder) or Calcific tendonitis.

These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy ( Range of motion exercises, stretching and strengthening exercises). Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition. If these pain relievers do not work then you can take Voltarin after getting it prescribed from your doctor.
You need to get an MRI scan of the shoulder done for proper diagnosis.Oral muscle relaxants and a hot compress will help in improvement of pain.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad