Suggest treatment for severe tiredness and exhaustion causing the need for sleep

Posted on Mon, 3 Aug 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi Doctor,
I'm a 64 yr old guy & lately I've been extremely tired to the point I need a morning nap.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Common causes that mentioned needs to be excluded.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Before going to the medical causes, it is very important to have at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night and if you are not getting enough sleep that is responsible for your symptoms, others like alcohol and smoking may be responsible.

Common medical causes include Anemia, this is a very common cause of fatigue and very easy to check with a simple blood test. Over- and under-active thyroids both can cause fatigue, blood test for your level of thyroid-stimulating hormone can help evaluate your thyroid. Hypoglycemia may be other cause for fatigue, checking your blood sugar will be helpful.

So it is advisable to see doctor for examination and also to rule out this causes.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Harish Naik