What causes intermittent stinging sensation on the face and tiredness?

Dr. Shuba Hariprasad

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: the skin on my arms and face is stinging like it is being held near a fire. I have had this feeling on my face on and off for 6 weeks. Also, I have joint and muscle pain in my neck wrists and arms. I am experiencing fatigue and sleep 12 hours a day. I have tried antibiotics thinking it was Lyme, but the symptoms are getting worse.
Answered by Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clarifications please

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your query.
I am Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.
Would you clarify a few things for me, please?
*what is your height and weight?
*do you have any other medical issues (diabetes, for instance) or take medications?
*do you smoke or consume alcohol?
*do you have a sedentary lifestyle?
*what do you do most of the day?
*any family history of diabetes, cervical spine spondylitis?
Based on your symptoms, I would like to. Rule out spinal nerve compression and disc disease.

I recommend:
-a physician consult and neurologist opinion
-blood tests (complete blood count, lipid profile, blood glucose levels, kidney and liver function tests, thyroid stimulating hormone.
-MRI of the spine.
-nerve conduction study if indicated.

Based on these we can arrive at a diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
-Avoid sitting for too long
- avoid any activity that triggers the numbness (sitting at a computer, for instance)
-keep your neck slightly flexed
Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.
Hope you feel better soon.
Wish you good health.

Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng