Suggest treatment for severe pain due to arthritis in spine and both hands
Hello XXXXXXX I am sorry that you are having some many medical problems and so much pain. It would be very good for you to have a pain management doctor and a good rheumatologist. I am going to give you some suggestions that might help. The biofeedback and other procedures are helpful in some cases but as you say you can't stay in a trance. In most cases of complex pain, treating the pain using multiple medication strategies is helpful. While no single medication may help you adding these medications together with your narcotic pain medications may give you some relief and minimize the narcotic side effects. Adding an antiinflammatory and/or a muscle relaxant to the narcotic can be helpful. In nerve pain there are several classes of anticonvulsants that may calm down the nerve pain, examples are lyrica, gabapentin, carbamazapine. Physical therapists have many modalities like ultrasound and electrical stimulation that may decrease pain. I hope some of these suggestions are helpful to you and I hope you can find an excellent local pain management specialst soon.
I am sorry that you are having so much trouble finding adequate care for your medical problems. You might try contacting the College of Medicine at the University of Kentucky and see if they have any suggestions for specialists you. I wish you the best in your search for adequate healthcare.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain lithotripsy treatment
- Could arthritis in knees cause severe pain in legs
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Is getting severe pain symptom of arthritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in hip joints
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris
- Treatment and cure for severe pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain due to dengenerative scoliosis