Suggest treatment for severe lower abdominal pain
I would be most grateful for your advice. XXXXXXX age 71.
Need information on bowel movements since last 3 days pls
Hello ma'am and welcome.
Thank you for writing to is.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Based on the information at hand, i.e. lower abdominal pain, which is of spasm-like description and no diarrhoea. This is insufficient information to make a diagnosis ma'am, and I would have preferred calling you to my office and requesting for a few investigations like:
+Ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis
+Physical examination and palpation
But with the current information, following are the list of possibilities:
+Intestinal obstruction: If at all you have not passed your bowels for a while, not even gas
+Appendicitis: Pain is usually in a belt like fashion, around the entire waist; abdominal tenderness, nausea, vomiting, etc.
+Reproductive system related abnormalities: Salpingitis (inflammation and possible obstruction of the fallopian tubes), endometriosis, ovarian cysts, cervical infections, growths in the cervix, pelvic inflammatory disease, etc.
+Cystitis: Inflammation of the urinary bladder; can occur with other symptoms like frequent urination, burning sensation while urinating, lower abdominal and/or back pain, etc.
+Diverticulitis in the intestine
+Inflammatory bowel disease
+Irritable bowel syndrome
I can understand you must be worried with the long list, but you need to understand that without any specific symptoms to lean towards, and without any investigations I can only provide you with a list of suspected conditions. But with the added use of cocodamol, which has constipation listed as one of the side effects, I would like to know how your last few bowel movements have gone, and how frequently you have been passing your bowels since the last 2-3 days?
I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe lower abdominal pain mirena
- Severe lower abdominal pain what could this be
- Severe lower abdominal pain after intercourse
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain
- Severe lower abdominal pain when going to toilet
- Have had a mirena iud severe lower abdominal pain suggest
- Lower abdominal pains with severe dyskaryosis
- Treatment for lower abdominal pain
- Lower abdominal pain taken proverb treatment reason
- What is the reason for severe lower abdominal pains
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...