Suggest treatment for severe itching on the hips

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: Hi Dr. Rynne. I have a question. Since about mid December, my hips have been itchy (right where the hip bones are). I didn't pay any mind to it until I looked it up online and saw it's a symptom of lymphoma. I have no other symptoms, no rash, no bloating, lymph nodes aren't swollen, and no change in weight, diet, or energy level. It's not a severe pain that's crippling but it's just enough that it's noticable. I have been wearing tights to work lately but even when i take a break from those to wear something loose and comfy on the occasional day off, the itch is still there. It's on and off and not consistent. No history of cancer in my family. Am I just being paranoid? My allergies have also worsened in December a bit before the itch came up. Could that be a possibility too?
Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

I admire your positive outlook and congratulate you for the attitude

Now I guess you have itching sensation on hips

There are lots of pathological causes responsible for your problems

However, let me give my opinion here.

"As" per your clinical history is concerned please let me know something in details

1)have you marked any fluid filled lesions in that area?

2)Dose it looks like red rash and it is sensitivity to touch?

3)Is it one side of your body or two sides ? Please share a high resolution image of the spot as well as blood differential count report.
4)Do you have history of running nose?

Regarding Lymphoma i want to clarify that these are lymph node swellings which are painless.So nothing to be worried about it.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 3 days later
Hello, sorry for getting baxk to you so late.
1.) No fluid filled lesions.
2.) There is no rash, and it isnt sensitive to the touch. Just itchy. It's only red after i scratch it; when I stop, the redness goes away.
3.) Sometimes one side, sometimes the other, and sometimes both. I'll include an image. The first image is my right hip, and it's been itching today more than the left, and it's a little red in the image since i just scratched it. I have no blood differential count reports though.
4.) No, no runny nose, unless i'm sick. Congestion only recently, because of allergies.

Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question.

As per your history is concerned your problem does not indicate any major pathological disorders so you can try one non prescription cream on skin containing these compositions (Clotrimazole, Beclometasone propionate & Neomycin)

and secondly discuss with you doctor to prescribe one antihistamine like

levocetirizine

Finally, use loose dress until your symptoms resolves & do investigation as suggested earlier.

I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further clarifications, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 15 hours later
Thanks so much! Ill try these things! Havs a good day.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks