What causes constant pain in the right upper arm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have a severe pain in my right arm, actually in the muscle, upper arm... also started as a long standing fibromyalgia pain for years in shoulder ... this is different and far more painful... it is like the muscle, nerves, etc. are all affected. It is not from my neck... no lumps or swollen glands...yet great pressure pain, sharp...when I move my arm in a certain direction. I am disabled with diagnosed ME for some years and can not get around much. The pain is constant and I have put it in a sling as a reminder to me not to move it, as I am right handed and it is a bother! What the heck is going on??
Wed, 16 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the upper arm muscle can be due to a muscle spasm or frozen shoulder or due to fibromyalgia. Rest hot compress oral pain killers along with potent muscle relaxants with oral steroids can help. You need proper prescriptions after an examination from an orthopedician.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal