• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe itching on the back

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a problem once a year or so, where the middle my back itches, then moves to top of my feet,rectum, and scalp. Most the time it changes to small bumps that appear on my feet, arms, and back.I had a biopsy run on my back by the skin doctor, with no results. They have done skin test for allergy with no results. It is happening now, but I haven't had the bumps, just itching. Most of the time this happens when I have been at a yoga retreat. I thought it was my map - and then someone suggested the hotel linens, but it isn't always at the same place. Right now I am at home, and it has been going for a few days. Should I do some sort of food test? It always seems to start in the middle of my back
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be an eczematous reaction, can go for complete allergy panel including the test for food items as it might help

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints and most likely it seems to be an eczematous reaction to something you are using or eating.
Yes you can go for the complete allergy panel including the test for food items as it might help in identifying the causative agent.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
I did the allergy panel where they laid a big sheet on my back.. i see there are food sensitivity labs on line
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Must have gone for patch test, can go for food sensitivity test only

Detailed Answer:
They must have done a patch test to some common allergens.
Complete allergy panel is a blood test to common food items, plants, dust, drugs and different types of dust.
Meanwhile you can go for food allergy tests only.
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist