Suggest treatment for severe headache while on Temazepam and Gabapentin

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Im having terrible headaches and feel braindead in current meds. 30mg temazepam and 200 mg gabapentin at 10 pm then 200 mg rest of day. Have bad tinnitus. Advic
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get a CT Scan of brain done. Take naproxen.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. I understand the dismal situation that you are in. The cause of the headache needs to be identified. It could be due to migraine or tension headache. It could also be due to intracranial causes like tumors. The cause needs to be investigated. A CT Scan of the brain would provide valuable clues in this regard. Thereafter you can try taking Aleve (naproxen) 500 mg one or two tablets together when needed (preferably in full stomach). Hopefully that would help.

The tinnitus could be due to sensorineural degenerative changes that often occurs due to advancement in age. Taking vestibulocochlear stabilizing agents like cinnarizine or betahistine (prescription meds) should help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy