Suggest treatment for severe cough and irritable esophagus

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi: I have irritable esophagus that's what my doctor calls it. I look it up and found it really is spasums in the esophagus. I have this terrible caugh every morning and have not been able to find out what to do. Is there any way I can relieve this awful problem?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking !
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. First of all I need to check by myself your endoscopy report plus photos, so I can give a more accurate opinion.
2. Otherwise in such cases when the patient has spasms of esophagus the treatment is as follows:
-PPI'S like prilosec OTC
- in severe cases botulinum toxin is injected in esophagus
- avoid foods to mush cold or too much hot, avoid spicy foods and soft drinks
3. I am waiting your endoscopy report to give a better advice.

Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Dr. Klerida:

Thank you for answering. I understand you are talking about. botox?

How do I get pictures etc. to you?
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back
Let me explain again. I was askinh get you about upper endoscopy report that usually is associated with photos from different parts of stomach and esophagus.
If you don't have photos of the upper endoscopy than you can send me by attaching only endoscopy report.

Wish you health!
Dr.Klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later

Thank you I cannot send you that because I do not have a way of doing it. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
OK I understood, £ am sorry.
Otherwise please discuss with your physician about my opinion.
If you want you can contact with customers service in Healthcare magic to help you uploading photos and reports.
wish you all the best