What causes gastric pain along with fatigue?

Question
Good afternoon sir.i am experiencing gastric pain general weakness and joint pain mainly hips.im a 77y o male.im not a good presenter.have I said enough
Thanks XXXXXXX aldrich red hook ny
Thu, 10 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle modification needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query. Your problem has two independent parts. You possibly have gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux which is independent of the hip pain. Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe and on the other hand the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation.

In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

Regarding the joint pain, I would need you to elaborate. Hot compress should provide relief. An X Ray might give further insights into the situation.

Hopefully that should help.

Let me know if I could help further.