Suggest treatment for severe chest pain

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi Dr XXXXXXX heijebu..
I have intense chest pain.Visited many doctors ECG done which was normal.I dont even have acidity problem.What could be the problem?Please explain.iam anxious.
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide e further information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I understand your concern.

I can advise you better if you provide me the following details:

1.Do you have pain aggravated on taking food or on empty stomach?

2.Is there any difficulty in swallowing food?

3.Is your chest pain radiating to arms or back?

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 1 hour later
I don't have any such symptoms except slight pain while swallowing water.Is it OK?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Achalasia cardiac.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome again,

I advise you to get Manometry and upper GI endoscopy to rule out Achalasia cardia.

Treatment depends on the test results.

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 11 hours later
Dr..Is my problem related to cancer?Iam tensed
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Achalasia is a esophageal motility disorder.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

I understand your concern.

Achalasia cardia is primarily a esophageal motility disorder.

Its not a cancer.

So nothing to worry.

Get the investigations done at the earliest.

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 19 minutes later
Dr.Iam scared.please tell me the treatment?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment options depends on the test results.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome again,

It includes oral medications initially.

Esophageal dilatation and botulinum toxin will be the treatment options.

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.
Follow up: Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 17 minutes later
Dr.Actually my friend s uncle recently diagnosed to have stomach cancer.So I am very much worried if mine is Cancer?
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upper GI endoscopy can relieve your anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

Welcome again,

Nothing to worry.

I advise you to get an Upper GI endoscopy and Manometry at the earliest.

These tests will remove all your stress and anxiety.

So get the investigations done.

Post your queries if any,

Thank you.