Suggest treatment for severe back pain

Posted on Sat, 6 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question:
Hi for about the past month I have been suffering with back pain about waist height on the right side of the spine I can bear it during the day but at night after being in bed for a while if I move positions the pain is really sharp and bad Otherwise I feel quite well If I press on that area it seems sore in the bone
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
there is possibility of spinal nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have read your query.
There is possibility of spinal nerve compression leading to radicular leg pain.
waist pain can aggravate due to disc bulge.
MRI spine will help in diagnosis.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and Tens may give you relief.
Neurotropic medication like pregabalin and methylcobalamine can be started consulting your doctor.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon