Suggest treatment for severe anxiety

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i was diagnosed with severe anxiety - as i experienced my first ever panic attack year ago and they have not stopped since...face tingles pulses...feel like i may fall but do not...prescribed anti-depressants. truly believe underlying medical problem..visit to cardiologist (all good); visit to neurologist (cscan and other tests all good); visit to pulmonary (lung cscan all good); visit to ent (all good)...however my blood work results are fine with the exception of "HEMOGRAM"--WBC 11.9; RBC 4.98; HEMOGLOBIN 12.3; HEMATOCRIT 38.8; MCV 77.9; MCH 24.6; MCHC 31.5; RDW 18.9; "HEPATIC" ALT is 33 and squamous epithelial is 6-10 high....do you think anxiety feelings could be due to the high and low levels of the above?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No anxiety feelings are not due to these levels.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related doubts

I can understand your concern. The reports appear fine and I don't think this could lead to increased risk of panic attacks or anxiety feeling.

Your haemoglobin is 11.9 and is normal. Low haemoglobin is known to cause panic attacks but this is normal in your case.

Did you get your thyroid profile done? Hyperthyroidism and even hypothyroidism are known to result in anxiety and panic attacks.

ALT is normal and will not cause such symptoms.

Squamous epithelial 6-10 I didn't understand. I hope this is report of urine analysis. Or else please upload the full report of this.

These parameters are not the cause of anxiety feeling. Remain relaxed for that.

Thanks Take care