Suggest treatment for running nose, sore throat and headache

Question
Hello Doctor,

I am having running nose, headache and sore throat along with bursts of continuous sneezing.

Please suggest some medication.

Viswesh
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Paracetamol and antihistamine drugs.

Detailed Answer:

You seem be suffering with upper respiratory infections may be due to viral flu. I would start you on paracetamol + antihistamine drug like tab sinarest three times a day for the next 3-4 days. I will also recommend you try XXXXXXX warm saline gargles thrice a day.

You will need to start antibiotics if you develop high grade fever or severe pain while swallowing. It can be started after consulting a local doctor.

Drink plenty of warm fluids. Plenty of fruits and vegetables will also help you.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.