• question-icon

Suggest treatment for right-sided pain radiating from the neck to ear

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: once in a while I get a sharp pain that runs from the right side of my neck and it goes up behind my right ear..and I get kinda light headed for a second or two...I also have a constant ringing in my right ear...
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Kindly answer the following to comment further and advise accordingly

For how long have these symptoms been
Is the any chest pain associated with these symptoms
What medication are you currently using
Have you had any imaging investigation such as c spine mri or x ray or NCS/EMG advised

Wishing you best of health

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 24 minutes later
No i have not had any chest pains. The only medication i have been taking is Methocarbamol...i have not had an MRI or anything like that yet because i do not have insurance at this time but i am trying to look for health insurance....
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Explained

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Based on your description, workup and examination of a cause related to the cervical spine is vital. X ray C spine should at least be done in both Anteroposterior and lateral views to look for possible deformity and evidence of osteophytes/compression or spondylitis. The ears should be examined and vertigo should be differentiated from dizziness. Both of which have entirely different lines of management. Tinnitus causes/associations like inner ear damage and hearing loss should be looked for. Regarding the dizziness , an ekg should at least be done in this regard. I would advise you to consult your GP and apprise him/her of this opinion to arrange the workup in accordance.
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil