Suggest treatment for redness and burning sensation on scalp

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a red, burning scalp condition. What do you recommend to treat this condition?
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Add anti inflammatory drug, watch cautiously for a couple fo days

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think if you were seen by a dermatologist, it might be quite early to think of treatment failure. Redness and burning are signs of inflammation.

I suggest you could add an anti inflammatory drug to your treatment and watch for a couple of days (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac with an antacid in case you have peptic ulcers) could be good for a start.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dr Bain

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T