Suggest treatment for recurrent rashes, stomach cramps and frequent urination

Dr. Sheetal Verma

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dr.
I am 67 years old, usually in good health. About a month ago, I noticed that I had a rash on my legs - small red dots of varying sizes. The rash was not uncomfortable, nor did it itch. Subsequently the rash spread to my torso front and back and arms. The rash has persisted, lessening somewhat on my legs. At first there were no other symptoms. About two weeks ago, I started to have continuous headaches, ache all over, stomach cramps, occasional loose stools, frequent urination (urine clear), extreme fatigue and a slightly elevated temperature. I visited my regular physician, but he did not have a diagnosis. After about four days, the headache and other symptoms disappeared, and I seemed to be on way back to health. This last Monday, the symptoms described above returned and they have persisted without much change since. While the symptoms feel somewhat flue like, I do not have chest congestion or a head cold. I have concern that I may have some type of infection, parasite (reminds me of Giardia), or toxic reaction. I have made an appointment with a dermatologist, but the earliest available date is in November. Do you have any observations or recommendations?
Answered by Dr. Sheetal Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need proper evaluation and investigations.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.

I think you need proper evaluation and investigation. Firstly I would suggest you to get complete haemogram, urinalysis, urine culture sensitivity testing, routine stool microscopy, stool culture sensitivity, liver function test, blood sugar, kidney function test and ultrasound abdomen. Once we get the test results we will be better able to guide you with diagnosis. It appears to be gastrointestinal problem we need to establish diagnosis with help of investigation.

Hope I answered your query
Rating and review will be appreciated.
Dr Sheetal Verma