Suggest treatment for recurrent rashes, stomach cramps and frequent urination
I am 67 years old, usually in good health. About a month ago, I noticed that I had a rash on my legs - small red dots of varying sizes. The rash was not uncomfortable, nor did it itch. Subsequently the rash spread to my torso front and back and arms. The rash has persisted, lessening somewhat on my legs. At first there were no other symptoms. About two weeks ago, I started to have continuous headaches, ache all over, stomach cramps, occasional loose stools, frequent urination (urine clear), extreme fatigue and a slightly elevated temperature. I visited my regular physician, but he did not have a diagnosis. After about four days, the headache and other symptoms disappeared, and I seemed to be on way back to health. This last Monday, the symptoms described above returned and they have persisted without much change since. While the symptoms feel somewhat flue like, I do not have chest congestion or a head cold. I have concern that I may have some type of infection, parasite (reminds me of Giardia), or toxic reaction. I have made an appointment with a dermatologist, but the earliest available date is in November. Do you have any observations or recommendations?
Need proper evaluation and investigations.
Thanks for your query at HCM.
I understand your concern and situation.
I think you need proper evaluation and investigation. Firstly I would suggest you to get complete haemogram, urinalysis, urine culture sensitivity testing, routine stool microscopy, stool culture sensitivity, liver function test, blood sugar, kidney function test and ultrasound abdomen. Once we get the test results we will be better able to guide you with diagnosis. It appears to be gastrointestinal problem we need to establish diagnosis with help of investigation.
Hope I answered your query
Rating and review will be appreciated.
Dr Sheetal Verma
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for constipation with stomach cramps
- Stomach discomfort frequent urination stomach cramps spotting negative hpt tapeworm
- Frequent urination nausea stomach cramps mood swings what is wrong
- Suggest treatment for uti causing stomach cramps
- What is the treatment for stomach cramps
- Treatment and cure for stomach cramps
- Suggest treatment for frequent urination
- Stomach cramps dizziness emotional and frequent urination
- Stomach cramps frequents urination bloating
- Late period negative pregnancy test frequent urination stomach cramps
- What causes burning micturition post protected intercourse?
- Suggest treatment for parasitic infection in stomach
- What does the widal test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for Entamoeba histolytica infection
- Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Suggest treatment for flu with diarrhea and tiredness
- Does the use of condoms cause warts on penis tip?
- Suggest treatment for painful reddish rashes on buttocks and thighs
- What causes low body temperature along with pain in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for recurring fever, chills and dizziness