How can persistent diarrhea be treated despite being on Pepto-Bismol?
Is there milk in your meals? Are your meals different?
Hi and thanks so much for this query.
I will like to know if your meals have changed or you have milk products in your meal. Diarrhea that is provoked by meals often suggests intolerance to one of the meal contents. Kindly check to make sure there is nothing new or unusual in your diet.
In the interim, I will recommend you stop pepto bismol and go with loperamide for better diarrhea control. Also, drink much water to avoid getting dehydrated. If dietary review and loperamide fail to address this, we will get full stool analysis.
I hope this guides and helps. I look forward hearing from you and providing more insights to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persisting diarrhea post treatment history of diverticulitis help
- Diarrhea and pepto bismol and cefdinir
- Persistent diarrhea in adults
- Pepto bismol for diarrhea
- Having persistent diarrhea marijuana smoker what could be done
- Black diarrhea pepto-bismol
- Persistent diarrhea stomach pain
- Persistent diarrhea n bloating and fever blisters
- Is it normal to get persisting diarrhea after gastric
- Persistent diarrhea with mucus
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?