Can pancreatitis cause severe stomachache, vomiting and difficulty eating?
suggested differentials based on the information provided
Hi...by what you quote I feel that these are the possibilities -
1. Vasculitis - auto immune phenomenon
2. Gastro esophageal reflux/ Acid peptic disorder
3. Pancreatitis - but would have been picked up in Ultra sound (but depends on the experience of the sonologist/ radiologist) and elevated amylase and lipase.
4. mesenteric Adenitis - again would have been picked up in ultrasound abdomen (but depends on the experience of the sonologist/ radiologist).
5. Inflammatory bowel disease (keeping in mind the severity. recurrence/ age/ gender).
I suggest you go ahead with the work up based on these differential diagnoses.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe acute pancreatitis
- Pancreatitis causes
- Severe pancreatitis causes
- Does eating cause headache in pancreatic cancer
- Internal bleeding severe anemia pancreatitis causes and treatment
- Pancreatic cancer green vomit
- Does pancreatitis cause pancreatic cancer
- Dark green vomit and pancreatic
- Diarrhea and vomiting after pancreatitis
- Can pancreatitis cause nausea vomiting and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?