Suggest treatment for recurrent lump in neck and TB

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Lymphoma
Question: She was detected with tubercolosis,then surgery was done to remove the lump on neck.biopsy was done but came negative.then another lump appeared below the previous site and fancy was done again n again tb was found.doc gave some medication which made her weak.then we took her to Cmc vellore.their fancy didn't get tab,and biosy came for low grade nhl and they treated her with radiotherapy and she was in remision for a year until this new lump came on neck in just 1 night.a new lump came on neck in just 1 night.is it a replase.she has pain in head and ear and neck?what shall we do, she is on her way to vellore.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She requires painkillers followed by biopsy if required

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. from the overnight growth pattern it does not seem relapse. However , definite diagnosis can only be told by biopsy. At present she requires only antibiotics and pain killers if it look like infective node. If it does not subside or grows further, biopsy is advisable. Hope it is clear.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 19 hours later
I talked to her today and she seems to feel a little better but the pain is still there due to the lump on the neck.
Nothing can be a more good news, if this turns out to be just an infectious node or boil.
Will they perform some tests right away there to able to detect if it is something else or just an infectious node.
I have a question, she keeps getting something especially in the neck area.NOw its almost time for her 6 months check up too.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. A short course of antibiotics is advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. In best opinion, a short course of antibiotics is advisable. There is no urgency to go for a needle aspiration or biopsy. As relapse nodes are rarely painful, i still feel they r infective nodes.
If nodes do not subside then biopsy can be done.
Cause of repeated infected nodes can be a scalp infection or skin infection. An opinion from a dermatologist is suggested.
Thanks and regards once again. please do not worry
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj