Suggest treatment for rectal bleeding

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 29 Sep 2015 in Lump
Question: I have had rectal bleeding and am waiting for surgery for .burst haerroids. Recently I have had bladder problems. Bladder feels full a lot of the time. When I go to the loo it is not a lot only first thing in the morning is it a lot. I have no pain with this. I thought I had cystitis but have no pain. I am going on holiday shortly and am a bit concerned this will continue.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urine tests and ultrasonography

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Noted your history of Burst hemorrhoids causing rectal bleeding and waiting for surgery. Recently have the feeling of the bladder being full, but passes less of urine except that in the morning. You have no pain, thought of cystitis and going on holiday shortly, hence concerned too that this will continue. You are taking tablets for constipation and doing pelvic floor exercises.

My thoughts and advise:
Please sent the sample of urine as the first thing in the morning for tests of: routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity.
Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen.

These will give the best idea whether you have cystitis or urinary tract infection or not and you can be treated accordingly to get a complete relief and to enjoy the holiday.
Drink plenty of oral fluids.

I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment.